These are the five best champagne drinks that can usher guests into a happy new year, or make an everyday celebration into one that is unforgettable. Champagne is a sparkling wine that originally heralded from a specific region in France. It was a delicacy first enjoyed by people of royal heritage, but has become a staple around the world consumed on particularly joyous occasions and holidays. Champagne drinks can be personalized by the bartender’s choice in variety.
New Years Champagne Punch
- 1 quart of lime, raspberry, or lime sherbet
- 1 1/2 quarts of orange juice
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- 2 bottles of champagne
- Chill the ginger ale, orange juice, and champagne in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Place the sherbet into a large punch bowl.
- One by one, pour the orange juice, ginger ale, and champagne over the top of the sherbet.
- Stir gently to form a foamy top. Serve.
Classic Champagne Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube
- 1 bottle of champagne, chilled
- 1 bottle of Angostura bitters
- Soak sugar cube with 3 splashes of Angostura bitters. Place it in the bottom of a champagne glass.
- Fill the rest of the way with champagne. Garnish with a lemon and serve.
- 3 parts champagne
- 1 part Peach Schnapps
- 3 dashes of Grenadine
- 1 slice of frozen peach
- In a champagne glass, combine champagne and Peach Schnapps.
- Add grenadine. Garnish with peach and serve.
Cosmopolitan Champagne Cocktail
- 4 cups of champagne, chilled
- 1 1/4 cups of cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1/4 cups of Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 3 1/2 tbsp. of granulated sugar
- In a large bowl combine the Grand Marnier, cranberry juice cocktail, and lime juice. Stir in the sugar.
- Add the champagne. Chill the mixture for two to six hours.
- Divide drink into ten champagne glasses. Serve.
Cherry Champagne Cocktail
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Cherry brandy
- Pour 1/2 shot of cherry brandy in a champagne glass.
- Fill with champagne. Serve.