5 Best Charlotte Bobcats Players of All Time
The Charlotte Bobcats franchise has only been in existence in the National Basketball Association (NBA) since 2004; although it is a young franchise, the Hornets have had a number of players who have made a significant impact on the court: Here is a look at the five best players in Charlotte Bobcats' history:
- Gerald Wallace - Wallace, a 6-foot-9 power forward, is at the top of almost every category in Charlotte history. Wallace leads the Bobcats in games played (330), points (5,302) and steals (651). Wallace is also second in Bobcats' history in blocks and rebounds. A testament to Wallace's versatility is the fact that he is fourth in Charlotte history with 180 three-point field goals.
- Emeka Okafor - Okafor's name appears at the top of Charlotte's records almost as much as Wallace's. The 6-foot-10 Okafor is the franchise leader in games played (330), rebounds (3,516) and blocks (621). Okafor is also second in Charlotte history in points (4,630) and is fourth in steals with 251).
- Raymond Felton - Felton is the first guard to make the list of the best players in Charlotte history. The 6-foot-2 Felton leads Charlotte with 2,127 assists and in three-point field goals with 315. Felton's 4,343 points is good for third in franchise history, and his 1,078 rebounds put him at fourth place.
- Matt Carroll - The 6-foot-6 Carroll may not be a household NBA name, but he has made his mark with the Charlotte Bobcats. Carroll comes in at fourth place in Charlotte history in games played (255), minutes (6,074) and points (2,546). He is second all-time in three-point field goals made with 313.
- Primoz Brezec - In addition to being the tallest player in Charlotte history (7-foot-1), Brezec has put his name in the franchise record books in a number of categories. Brezec is fifth in Charlotte history in games played with 229 and fourth in games started with 201. Brezec's 2,245 points place him fifth in franchise history, while he is third in rebounds (1,199) and fourth in blocks (113).