Well done children's animated movies are classics in the minds of adults and kids alike. The most solid and heart tugging animated films engage visually and emotionally, reminding you of what your imagination is for.
- "The Jungle Book" (1967) This memorable animated movie has unforgettable, larger than life characters, from Baloo the protective bear, to Sheer Khan the smooth talking, wicked tiger. Voice talents in this movie were cast perfectly, and possibly richer than the animation itself. The humor and songs are truly entertaining. Didn't you want to be Mowgli, the boy raised in the jungle, when you were a kid?
- "Finding Nemo" (2003) When humor is done right, it is an excellent thing. The struggles of the forgetful fish Dora remind you of the power of being a good and honest person. This animated film is funny for kids and adults and has truly likeable characters who work together to find Marlin's lost son. It is amazing how fantastic animation and a great storyline about the struggles of some fish can really get your adrenaline going, while teaching kids life lessons.
- "Bambi" (1942) This classic animated film is heart-wrenching and empowering all at once. It is a tough subject, but the plot was executed with grace and style. Bambi learned to cope and thrive after his mother was killed in the forest.
- "The Lion King" (1994) The circle of lions in this animated movie are enthralling and very human seeming with its societal levels and discord. It is a magnificent film with an intricate, moving plot and and an African backdrop. The characters are funny and varied. The theme is typical good versus evil, with Scar the slinking bad guy getting his in the end.
- "Toy Story" (1995) These characters have personality plus. The voice talent is everything in this animated movie, with Tom Hanks leading the way. It is easy to get attached to these characters as the cowboy Woody has to deal with the new spaceman toy. The secret life that toys have is a subject that is intriguing to many people, young and old.