The 90’s was a golden age for television, which made compiling a list of the 5 best children’s TV shows of the 1990’s a difficult but fun task. From ground breaking animation techniques to original story lines, children’s television in the 1990’s had it all. So grab your inner child and check out some great blast from the past:
- "Doug". 1991-1994 and 1996-1999. The cartoon started out on Nickelodeon but then later switched to Disney. It followed the adventures of Doug Funnie with his best friend, Skeeter, and his dog, Porkchop. The show ran for a total of 116 episodes and there was one feature film.
- "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" 1992-1996 and 1999-2000. The show centered around a group of teens that called themselves The Midnight Society and would meet in the woods to tell spooky stories.
- "Bobby’s World". 1990-1998. The show ran on Fox and was created by Howie Mandel. The idea of the show was to show the world through the four-year-old star’s, Bobby Generic, eyes. With the humorous way he dealt with life’s problems, Bobby gained a following. Some episodes of the show have been released on DVD and a game was created based off of the show.
- "Animaniacs". 1993-1998. The show was created by Steven Spielberg. The stars of the show where The Warners: Yakko, Wakko and Dot. With a very simple plot, the characters where 1930s cartoon stars that had been locked away in the Warner Bros. water tower until their escape in the 1990s, Animaniacs become the second highest rated cartoon for it’s age range.
- "Blue’s Clues". 1996-2006. The show airs on Nickelodeon and still remains on of the most popular preschool shows today. The star of the show is cute animated puppy named Blue and her best friend Steve (Steven Burns). Viewers go on a fun filled educational ride to learn what Blue is trying to tell them by discovering clues through out the show. At the height of it’s popularity Blue’s Clues did what many feared would be a show killer, they changed the host. But Steve’s brother Joe (Donovan Patton) was introduced and took over seamlessly when Steve went to college. Blue’s Clues received nine Emmy awards and became the highest-rated show for preschoolers on a commercial station. In 2004 a spin-off called Blue’s Room was released.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.