The five best Chinese restaurants in Austin represent a diverse list and are as funky and unique as the city's culture. If your appetite is prepared for Beijing duck, dim sum, noodles or perhaps you crave a fusion twist, have fun eating your way down the list.
- Din Ho Chinese BBQ. Combining traditional Cantonese dishes and Chinese-American favorites, Din Ho Chinese BBQ is best known for excellent Beijing duck, hot pots and sizzling combination dishes-easily holding a spot as one of the five best Chinese restaurants in Austin. The atmosphere is casual, prices are low and service is all about the customer. Award winning, Zagat-rated Din Ho Chinese BBQ is open seven days a week and is located in northwest Austin. Din Ho Chinese BBQ: 8557 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78758. (512) 832-8788.
- Shanghai Chinese Restaurant. Those craving pork buns, shrimp balls, a plethora of piping hot dumplings and will dig Shanghai's status as one of the five best Chinese restaurants in Austin. The carts serve only on Saturday and Sunday, but dim sum can be ordered from the menu during the week. Also available are traditional Chinese dishes. Moderate pricing, conveniently located by North Interstate 35 and an informal setting. Shanghai Chinese Restaurant: 6718 Middle Fiskville Rd, Austin, TX 78752. (512) 458-8088.
- P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro. A fusion spin on Chinese dishes branded this bistro as one of Austin's five best Chinese restaurants. If you're seeking a lively crowd, Chinese food that ranges from traditional to cosmopolitan, P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro is the place to be. Fried calamari with special dipping salt and Singapore Street Noodles will take you over the edge. Posh, downtown location. P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro: 201 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701. (512) 457-8300.
- Suzi's China Kitchen. Suzi's expanded into three locations around Austin, but this is the original restaurant, and one of the five best Chinese restaurants. What Austinites love about Suzi's is Chinese-American food served with a smile. Moderate prices, south Austin neighborhood location and takeout is available. Suzi's China Kitchen: 1152 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704. (512) 441-8400.
- Chinatown. Combine sushi, wine, dim sum and authentic dishes from four regions in China, and you have one of the five best Chinese restaurants in Austin. Features a complete menu including dim sum (served Saturday and Sunday only). Located in Northwest Austin. Chinatown: 3407 Greystone Dr, Austin, TX 78731. (512) 343-9307.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.