Christina Applegate, born November 25, 1971, began her acting career at a very early age. To date, she has been in a number of hit movies and many could be categorized as some of her best work.
- "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead" (1991) – In her first starring role, Applegate plays Sue Ellen Crandell, a teen who is forced to take charge of her siblings after the babysitter suddenly dies while her parents are gone. As her breakout performance, this movie would clearly make any five best Christina Applegate movie list.
- "The Big Hit" (1998) – In this drama, Applegate plays a woman named Pam, one of two girlfriends of the main character, played by Mark Wahlberg. Walberg's character is a hitman and Pam has no idea. "The Big Hit" was a big hit for Applegate.
- "The Sweetest Thing" (2002) – In this personal favorite, Applegate acts alongside Cameron Diaz as a woman named Courtney Rockcliffe. Applegate and Diaz play two friends that embark upon a hilarious adventure to track down Diaz's love interest.
- "Employee of the Month" (2004) – In this comedy, Applegate plays Sara Goodwin, fiance of the main character, played by Matt Dillon. She contributes to his awful day by dumping him after he gets fired from his job. Dillon's character subsequently goes on a rampage.
- "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" (2004) – In perhaps one of her biggest hits to date, Applegate plays Veronica Corningstone, an up and coming anchorwoman. Ron Burgundy, played by Will Ferrell, feels threatened by Applegate's character after she starts working at his station and fears she will take his job as top anchor person. The rest of the movie plays out their nonstop battle with each other. This movie, definitely in the top five Christina Applegate movies list, was a blockbuster hit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.