5 Best Cities In Canada
The 5 best cities in Canada have a varied geography, which offers many different types of activities. This is a diverse country that enjoys an abundance of outdoor activities, fine dining and waterfront attractions. From historical sites to live concerts, these popular cities have something for everyone.
- Quebec City. This is a great city that is full of nature and adventure, making it one of the five best cities in Canada. It’s located in southeastern Quebec and, and it’s located near the Saint Lawrence River. It offers many parks and wildlife areas, which are perfect for moose watching canoeing and minirafting. Home to the Portneuf and Laurentians Wildlife Preserves, residents have no problem finding activities in this beautiful city. It’s a true outdoor haven for hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country and backcountry skiing. This is the perfect destination for outdoor lovers of all kinds.
- Ottawa. Located in the far eastern corner of Ontario, this city has much to offer its residents and visitors. The city celebrates evenings of “Sound and Light Show”, which runs from July to mid-September. They also offer guided tours of Ottawa River and they have the world’s largest collection of hedge mazes. Ottawa is also Canada’s capital, and it offers dynamic accommodations to include staying at the famous Fairmount Château Laurier, which is located in the center of the city. This destination is the ultimate getaway with modern amenities to include an art-deco pool and a high tech health club.
- Halifax. This city makes the five best cities in Canada for it’s rich history and is home to the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site. It also has one of the largest natural harbors in the world and visitors can book a two-hour sailing cruise or enjoy hundreds of outdoor performances along the waterfront. Other attractions include a 12-minute ferry ride to the other side of the harbor to enjoy local seafood and fine dining at its best. This location is perfect for those who love to be on the water and Halifax is popular for its outdoor festivities.
- Winnipeg. This city makes the best five cities in Canada and is home to the MTS Centre, which is home to the AHL’s Manitoba Moose hockey team and many live concerts. Winnipeg also one of the most popular venues in the world where the city is brimming with live rock and blues, gay clubs, international festivals and world-class ballet. Visitors in the summer will enjoy popular outings at the Winnipeg Folk Festival and the Fringe Theatre Festival. Ottawa residents enjoy over 1,100 restaurants, diners and delis, which specialize in gourmet cuisine, local fare and spicy dishes from the tropics. Filled with fine restaurants, this destination is perfect for the enthusiastic foodie.
- Calgary. This fine city in Canada is filled with entrepreneurial energy, and downtown Calgary is a popular destination. This is a great location for all ages with thousands of stores, restaurants and pubs to visit. One of the most popular attractions is the annual Calgary Stampede, which has been named the “greatest outdoor show on earth.” A tour of the Inglewood District provides antique shopping for treasures and bookstores galore. Art galleries, the Calgary Zoo and Glenbow Museum are other popular attractions of this city, which makes it one of the best five cities in Canada