The five best cities in Florida are very different and each city is home to it’s own unique activities and attractions. Florida is located in the Southeast portion of the US and borders the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. This provides visitors and residents many vacation and day trip options. This state is exceptional in that it’s only 361 miles from coast to coast, making it very easy to visit some of these cities in just one trip to the sunshine state.
- Fort Lauderdale. This city is one of the five best cities in Florida and located in the east-central part of Broward County. It is the seventh largest city in Florida, and visitors have the opportunity to explore the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. Other attractions include the Museum of Discovery and Science and the Museum of Art. The city prides itself in offering an attractive business environment and a continuing goal of enhancing its resident’s quality of life through art and culture.
- Jacksonville. This city is known for it’s beachfront living and affordable dining. Residents enjoy endless stretches of pristine beaches, paths on the St. John’s River and cultural events located downtown. Residents of this city live the true Florida lifestyle. Filled with art, culture and spring breakers, this destination has something for everyone. Home to exceptional golf courses, dining and world-class beaches makes this destination one of the best five cities in Florida.
- Miami. This city has a population of approximately 362,000, according to the 2000 census and it’s geared towards a green and holistic approach to land use and urban development. Residents enjoy exciting nightlife, movie filming and all the advantages of living near the beach in one location. Luxury travel and rejuvenating spas are all the rage in this city and a few of the spas are ranked, “Best Spas in America.” Whether you are looking for meditation, massages, yoga, sand walking or water aerobics, you will find it in Miami. This city is also known for in their healthy Mediterranean cuisine, which can be found almost anywhere in the city.
- Orlando. This city is ranked one of the five best cities in Florida and is home to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort. With the opening of the “Wizarding World of Harry Potter” this destination is a buzz with activity and excitement. Hotels are centrally located to Orlando theme parks, making this a great vacation destination for families looking to take advantage of several attractions in one trip. One of the main attractions to this city is the weather, making this the perfect theme park destination any time of year.
- Tampa. This great city is home to the Port of Tampa, which offers downtown dining and access to major cruise ships such as Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America and the Royal Caribbean. Residents and visitors alike take advantage of the many attractions in the city. Busch Gardens is just one of them that offers 300-acres of African-themed safari rides, games and shows. Located on the beautiful West Coast of Florida, this destination is one of the five best cities in Florida.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."