Whether you’re cruising the mall, logging time at work or heading out to dinner, one of these 5 best classic men’s watches will complete your look. Watch styles can run the gamut from ultra conservative to hip-hop, from the military barracks to Wall Street; the right watch is the essential piece to the wardrobe puzzle. Selecting the right men’s watch tailored to fit your lifestyle should be a thoughtful process that conveys your own personal tastes and personality.
When shopping for that perfect classic men’s watch consider the price point, style, movement type, face and strap color, and size in relation to body proportion. Acquiring a classic men’s watch is an investment of time as well as money. Another point to consider if you’re thinking of buying a classic men’s watch is does it have quartz, mechanical, chronograph, automatic or combination movement. There are also various watch styles specific to lifestyles, for example a military watch has three symbols on a 24 hour watch face representing strength over sea, land and air.
- The “Carrera Panamericana” by Tag Heuer. A classic automatic chronograph watch inspired by famed Formula race car driver, Juan Manuel Fangio, and GT coupe cars. The “Carrera” dial is available in black, silver, blue or brown, with three counters. Luminescent diamond-set hands add an air of distinction. The workman like quality of steel is complimented by alternating rows of 18Kt gold. Case is 950 platinum, sapphire crystal glass and satin finished back. Water resistant up to 30 meters.
- Men’s Golden Ellipse 5738P-Platinum Watch by Phillip Patek. Elegant simplicity is a fitting description of this caliber series, self winding mechanical movement watch. Movement is 22Kt gold mini-motor set in an off-center position. The dial is 18Kt gold sunburst with blue gold center, 12 applied baton markers in 18Kt white gold, and baton hands in 18Kt white gold. Strap is shiny navy blue alligator 15-mm golden ellipse prong buckle in platinum.
- Men’s Nautilus in Rose Gold Ref. 5980 (steel) 5980R (rose gold) by Phillipe Patek. If you’re looking for a distinctive timepiece of superb craftsmanship, the men’s Nautilus deserves serious consideration. Caliber series includes 35 jewels, 13 bridges, vibrations 28’800 per hour, and 55 hour maximum power reserve. Chronograph movement self-winding watch, mainspring is wound by rotor set in motion by wrist movement. Dial is black brown with luminous sweep seconds, chronograph hands. Hand stitched strap with rectangular scales in matt dark brown. Sapphire crystal case back.
- Audemars Piguet Millenary Watch (Ref. 15320OR.OO.D095CR.01). This is a finely crafted chronograph stylish workhorse watch. Self winding automatic movement. The case is slightly elliptical with two oblong circles on its dial, inner one containing the main functions and the other outer one the tachometer. Round metal case is 18Kt rose gold, and case back is transparent. Dial color is brown/bronze, dial markers are luminous Roman numerals, with luminous hands. Sapphire crystal, leather strap is brown crocodile. Caliber 3120, 40 jewels. Swiss made.
- Skagen Mens Classic Strap Watch. Understated casual elegance and easily crosses over from the office to leisure time. Quartz movement enclosed in slim, brushed stainless steel case. Luminous hands and markers, and hour, minute and second hand. Crystal is mineral glass, and is water resistant to 30 meters (100 feet). Genuine leather strap with tang buckle clasp.
Classic men’s watches are beautiful in design and purpose, and are not necessarily very expensive. However, when choosing the right watch for the right occasion, quality, affordability, and lifestyle are key considerations.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.