The 5 best "Closer" movie quotes are simple, yet full of meaning. The 2004 drama is based on two couples, whose lives become intermingled by sexual affairs. The many twists and turns throughout the movie "Closer" may seem complicated, but it is rather simple. Everyone experiences heartache at some point in the film, and some of the best "Closer" movie quotes reflect their emotional pain.
- "Hello, stranger". – Alice. One of the best "Closer" movie quotes is the first line spoken in the film. In the opening scene, twenty-year-old Alice Ayres (Natalie Portman) and Dan Woolf (Jude Law) are strangers who spot each other across the street. Alice does not look as she crosses the street, and gets hit by a cab. Dan rushes to her aid, and she looks up at him and says the best "Closer" movie quote. The way Natalie Portman delivers the line is simple, yet elegant.
- "Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood! Go fuck yourself! You writer! You liar!" – Larry. Dan visits Larry to confront him about Anna, and the two get in a heated argument. Dan says Larry has no idea what love is, and he probably thinks a heart looks like a diagram. Larry, who is a doctor responds with one of the best "Closer" movie quotes. The sarcastic line breaks the dramatic tension between Larry and Dan which is a nice change of pace.
- "Lying's the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off – but it's better if you do." – Alice. Larry goes into a strip club, and it happens to be where Alice is working as a stripper. He gets a private dance from Alice, and repeatedly asks for her real name. He knows her name is Alice, but she keeps responding with Jane. Fed up, Larry asks to hear something true, and Alice responds with one of the best "Closer" movie quotes. The quote has even more meaning at the end of the movie, when Alice's big secret is revealed.
- "Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, 'I can do this, I can give into this, or I can resist it', and I don't know when your moment was, but I bet you there was one." – Alice. After Dan tells his girlfriend Alice he loves another woman, she says one of the best "Closer" movie quotes. For a young girl, Alice is extremely perceptive and the quote has depth and heart. It's hard to respond after a significant other says the love someone else, but Alice's reply is the perfect rebuttal.
- "Don't stop loving me. I can see it draining out of you. It's me, remember? It was a stupid thing to do and it meant nothing. If you love me enough, you'll forgive me." – Anna. A sad, yet powerful plea from Anna is one of the best "Closer" movie quotes. Larry is hesitant to sign the divorce papers, and tells Anna if she sleeps with him one last time he will sign. While at the the opera with her current lover Dan, it comes out she slept with Larry to get the papers signed. Anna says the quote to plea with Dan to forgive her for doing what she had too for them. Dan responds with how he almost admires Larry for being clever.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.