5 Best Collegiate Wrestling Moves
College wrestlers continually use the 5 best collegiate wrestling moves numbered in this article during competitions. These techniques are performed by utilizing a combination of attacks on various parts of the body in order to take the opponent down. The moves involve popular low-level, mid-level and upper-body attacks. While there are hundreds of techniques wrestlers use, the 5 best collegiate wrestling moves listed below are among the most common and effective moves.
- The Low Single leg attack technique is accomplished by diving onto the ankle of the opposing wrestler in an effort to secure a takedown. In collegiate wrestling, this move is one of the most popular low level attacks.
- The Ankle Pick wrestling move is another low-level attack move. This move may also be referred to as the "head and heel" technique because in order to be successfully accomplished, the wrestler has to take down the opponent at the heels while controlling his head. This is a very popular wrestling move in college wrestling.
- The Duck Under is an upper body attack move. Upper body moves involve attacking the hips, arms, shoulders, and head of the opponent. With the duck under technique, the wrestler ducks under the arm of his opponent.
- The Double leg move is a mid-level leg attack. These attacks involve the mid-level of the legs and also the knee areas of the opponent.
- The Sweep Single attack is another popular mid-level move. This move involves the wrestler gripping his opponent's leg by using a penetration step from the outside.