5 Best Comedy Albums
The 5 best comedy albums shouldn't be that much of a surprise to anyone. There are thousands of comedians, and just as many comedy albums. However, what makes a great comedian, or comedy album for that matter is the ability for them to stand the test of time. Because of this, not too many comedy albums would make the cut for this list. Maybe even a few of the choices for best comedy album will be obscure to you. In which case, you need to listen to that particular comedy album as soon as possible. Well here they are. The five best comedy albums of all time.
- "Eddie Murphy" Not surprisingly, Eddie Murphy created this one. During the 1980's and even in the early 1990's, Eddie Murphy was the heir apparent to the funniest man alive, who will be mentioned later. Anyway, "Eddie Murphy" showcases Murphy's incredible ad-lib and voice talents. Some people consider it crude humor, but no one can deny how funny this particular comedy album is. Not even the people he offends.
- "Jammin In New York" This was a hard choice to make. George Carlin has released so many funny albums, why would this particular one make the list? Well you just have to listen to it. His social satire is at it's peak, Carlin is a master at taking common American values, chewing them up, and spitting them out to the public. This particular comedy album is easily one of the best, if not the best of his works.
- "Bill Cosby: Himself" You all know this guy's a comedic genius. His genius has never been showcased any better than in this particular comedic masterpiece. The master of wordplay is at his best. It's like taking the "Cosby Show" making it more raw, and slapping it on an album. A very funny album.
- "Be-Be's Kids" Robin Harris. This guy is pure comedy in its rawest form. His one and only comedy album is easily one of the greatest comedy albums ever made. You will literally laugh the entire time it's playing. There's no slow down. There are no chuckle type jokes. No. He has your stomach in pain by the end of this masterpiece.
- "Anthology 1968-1992" Richard Pryor is the funniest man ever to do stand up. Period. Everything he's ever released would make you split your sides laughing. It is impossible to pick one particular comedy album of his, so you should listen to all of them. This anthology covers all of his material. Prepare to never stop laughing.