To be honest, coming up with the 5 best comedy movies of 2010 was much harder than it should have been. That is because quite a few of the comedies released in 2010 simply weren't very good or remotely funny. Still there were a few diamonds in the rough that made us laugh out loud at several different points and for that, it makes our best comedies list.
- "Due Date" This really could have been called Planes, Trains & Automobiles 2 and you would have known exactly what the movie was about. While at times Zach Galifianakis seems to want to go the Jim Carrey route of overacting, he manages to reel himself in. The ability of he and Robert Downey Jr. to play off of each other (with Downey Jr. as the straight man) takes this movie from being just another flick about two guys trying to get home and actually makes it the best comedy of the year.
- "MegaMind" Yes this is actually a kids movie but its a darn good kids movie and comedy. Of course what makes it such a great comedy is that you have Will Ferrell, David Cross and Jonah Hill all playing off one another. Add in Tina Fey as the lead female character and you have some established funnymen voicing characters. Of course the movie could have been even better if they'd have let Cross and Hill off their leashes a bit.
- "Get Him to the Greek" Sort of a sequel to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," since Russell Brand reprises his role as crazy rocker Aldous Snow. Jonah Hill is the other actor who has both films on his resume though his contact is much more direct with Snow this time as he is tasked with getting Brand's character to a big concert at the Greek Theater in L.A. If the producer's could have cast someone who could act in Diddy's role, this could have been epic.
- "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" An offbeat comedy based on a comic book about a struggling guitar player who has to fight the woman of his dreams' seven evil exes. Michael Cera's monotone delivery fits well here because he seems genuinely confused that the events surrounding him are actually happening. The fight scenes being battles straight out of video game land add to the awesomeness of this flick.
- "Date Night" Steve Carrell and Tina Fey should be able to make comedy gold and they did put out one of the better comedies of the year, but it still could have been better. The sheer lunacy of the plot makes this a pretty funny film, and short appearances by James Franco and Mila Kunis and an over the top performance by William Fichter as a sex crazed crooked D.A. make this a lot better.
As you have probably figured out, we love comedy. And watching comedy flicks is a favorite of ours. However, not all the ...
It is #thebest.
Everybody has at some point in their education developed a crush on a certain teacher. It's as important a part of your ...