The 5 Best Contact Lenses For Astigmatism aid people who, without them, would have a hard time properly seeing things in focus. An astigmatism is an eye condition where rays that travel in two, perpendicular directions have different focal points. This can lead not only to blurry vision, but also to patients seeing the edges of objects leaning over when they are in fact straight.
- Air Optix for Astigmatism. These contact lenses by Ciba are monthly disposable lenses. They feature the patented Precision 8 4 design that provides unmatched comfort due to the reducing of interaction between the lower eyelid and the lens. It is priced higher than the competition, but worth it.
- Acuvue Advance for Astigmatism. Acuvue's contact lenses against astigmatism are cheaper than the Air Optix ones. Made by parent company Johnson and Johnson, Acuvue Advance features its own patented technology called Advanced Stabilization Design. This means that every time the user blinks, the contact lenses remain in place and ensure sharp, steady vision for the length of you wearing them.
- Biomedics Toric. Coopervision makes these contact lenses for astigmatism that are, however, only good for one to two weeks. The unique make of the Biomedics Toric contact lens enables the user to wear it with ease, which then works to equal sharp vision in both eyes.
- Focus Monthly Toric. Focus Monthly Toric lenses are the leading brand and type of contact lens against astigmatism. Also by Ciba, these contact lenses are replaced monthly, and they feature a tint that is meant to make it easier for patients to find the lenses in their contact lens solutions.
- Hydrocurve Toric 3. Hydrocurve Toric 3 contact lenses are some of the more expensive brands on the market. Coming in vials instead of the usual contact casing, the Hydrocurve Toric 3 lenses include an inside out "Axis #" indicator that works to inserting and applying your contact lenses correctly.