Curious about the 5 best David DeAngelo body language tips? The premise behind David DeAngelo's body language tips is the old saying, “Actions speak louder than words.” It is true that sometimes you may be saying one thing, but your body is clearly communicating something else to the person you're speaking with. David DeAngelo gives some pointers that are designed to help men, but women can use them, too. DeAngelo's tips will help you use body language to get the right message across in your dating life.
- Communicating through body language means paying attention to your posture. Lift your chest. Stand up straight. Lean slightly forward so that the person you are talking to will know you’re interested in what she is saying, but don’t overdo it. That can actually send the signal that you are clingy or needy. Posture is an essential part of body language, according to David DeAngelo.
- Avoid fast movements, as these show nervousness. Slow movements convey self-control and strength. Don't move too slow, though, because you don’t want your body language to convey an attitude of laziness or sluggishness.
- When someone makes eye contact with you, maintain it, and follow up on it by speaking. A simple “Hello” is fine to begin with; David DeAngelo advises that you don’t necessarily have to try to be witty or humorous right at the beginning.
- Display confidence by not slouching, making and maintaining eye contact and smiling. Do this by discovering and developing the best aspect of your personality. Allow it to shine through your body language.
- Don’t be afraid to display a sense of humor if that is natural for you. Just remember, it’s OK to be a little racy or off-color, if that is what you do, but you don’t want to go overboard.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.