5 Best Deer Hunting Guns
There are many things to consider when buying a deer hunting gun, so here are some recommendations for the 5 best deer hunting guns. You have to take into consideration if the user is young and starting out with their first gun, the length of the barrel, and the power of the scope. Rifles are more easily maneuvered and the shot is quicker, but their velocity and stability are not as good as a shotgun. Shotguns with rifled barrels and saboted ammunition are very accurate, and even the smoothbores can be very efficient. The shotgun must have enough power to kill the animal and still be lightweight.
- WinchesterModel 101 Sporting. This deer hunting gun comes with an adjustable trigger that allows you to fine tune the length of pull. It has a 10mm runway rib. The front sight is TRUGLO and it has five extended tubes made by Signature. It is a 12 gauge and comes with either a 28”, 30” or 32” barrel. Winchester has added a Pachmayr Decelrator sporting pad which helps to reduce the recoil. The length of pull is 14-5/8, and the drop at comb is 1-3/8”. They range in weight from 7.4 to 7.12, and the overall length is from 46” to 50”.
- Remington 870 Express Edition. This satin-finish hardwood 12 gauge deer hunting gun is for left-handed shooters. Its synthetic stock has a TRUGLO front bead signt, a Modified Rem Choke, and an R3 recoil pad on the synthetic stock. It comes a receiver which is milled from a solid-steel billet and smooth-shucking twin action bars. You can get this model in either a Vent Rib barrel or a Rem Choke. It weighs 7.5 pounds and is 43-1/4” long with a 20” barrel.
- Winchester70 Sporter Rifle. This beautiful deer hunting rifle is made from satin finish Grade-I walnut. It has a fitted cold hammer-forged barrel and a three-lever M.O.A. Trigger System. The Pachmayr Decelerator keep felt recoil under control. It is available in .270 Win., 30-06 Spfld., or .300 WSM caliber. It weighs 7.25 pounds and is 44-1/8” long.
- M77 Hawkeye Standard. This deer hunting gun has a hinged floorplate on the internal magazine, along with a Mauser-type non-rotating controlled feed extractor. The mountings for sling swivels are pre-mounted on the stock. A precision-machined receiver is mated to a blued barrel. It has a safety that has three positions which make it safe for the hunter to load and unload while the safety is on. Bumping it will not cause accidental loading because of its hinged floorplate. The overall length is 42-3/4” and it weighs 7.25 pounds.
- Remington 770 Rifle/Scope Combo. The scope that is premounted and boresighted on this deer hunting this rifle is 3-9X40. The bolt is an easy-camming 60 degrees. The button-riffled barrel is an accurate six-groove. The magazine box is detachable which makes it easy to load and unload. The stock is ergonomically contoured and has a special cheek piece which allows for fast scope-to-eye alignment. The grips are textured which help in any kind of weather. It is available in a .243 Win, .270 Win., 7mm Rem. Mag., 30-06 and .300 Win Mag. Calibers. The barrel lengths range from 22” to 24”. It ranges from 42-1/2” to 44-1/2” long, and weighs 8.5 pounds.