With many to choose from, the debate over which are the 5 best Democratic Presidents will always be controversial. The accomplishments of these 5 presidents is what puts them above all the others. They have all proven to have extraordinarily leadership abilities and have had a key role in making America the wonderful country that it is today.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt is undeniably the best Democratic President that America has ever had. Winning four elections, he served in office from March 4, 1933, to April 12, 1945. In this time he helped America through the great depression and World War II. He made sure that the economic crisis did not destroy the country. He brought forth an approach called the New Deal which greatly helped the economy and well-being of our country and us as Americans. Not only was Roosevelt an amazing president, he was a loyal and admirable man. This is why he is and may always be the best Democratic President ever to serve.
- Woodrow Wilson is another great Democratic President. He served in office from March 4, 1913, to March 4, 1921. He had a lot of accomplishments and got Congress to pass many important bills including the Federal Reserve Act, Federal Trade Commission and Revenue Act of 1913, which gave us the first progressive income tax. He served during World War I, but decided to leave himself out of most of the decisions. Instead the military were the ones that had to make them. He did however, create the League of Nations which has helped America greatly to this day. His contributions to our country have been very important.
- Andrew Jackson is one of the best Democratic presidents America has ever had. He was in office from March 4, 1829, to March 4, 1837, and in this time he did many things that have benefited America, although his time in office is now viewed as controversial. He was a large supporter of slavery and believed in individual liberty for white men, but the accomplishments he made are what put him in the top 5. He made the Democratic party what it is today by separating it from the Republican party and setting different values and views. He viewed himself as the "voice of the people" and carried out this part very well. He will always be a memorable and controversial President.
- Harry S. Truman is a Democratic president that will always be known as one of the best. He served two terms from April 12, 1945, to January 20, 1953. Roosevelt passed away 3 months into his fourth term and was succeeded by Truman, his vice president. Having to fill Roosevelt's shoes was a daunting task, but Truman was able to do it very well. Despite negative public opinion, he took a stand against corporate America. Truman is most notable as being the President in office when the nuclear bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- John F. Kennedy is not only one of the most well-known Presidents, he is one of the best Democratic Presidents in history. He only served in office for a short time, from January 20, 1961, to November 22, 1963, when he was assassinated, but made a major impact on all Americans. He wanted all Americans to contribute to the well-being of the country. He famously said "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country" which changed the way many felt and acted towards America. He is also known for asking many other countries to join together and protect each other. Kennedy did his best to promote peace among different nations, but stood by America when it came to conflicts and war. He gave America the security they wanted and needed and will forever go down in history as a hero.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.