5 Best Dominican Baseball Players Of All Time
Looking for the 5 best Dominican baseball players of all time? Every year, more and more players that were born in the Dominican Republic join the Major League Baseball Association. Many of these players go on to have amazing careers.
- Juan Marichal. Juan Marichal, one of the best Dominican baseball players of all time, is the only player born in the Dominican Republic to be inducted into the MLB Hall of Fame. He played professional baseball from 1960 through 1975. In his sixteen seasons, he accumulated 243 wins and 2,303 strikeouts in 3,507 innings pitched, while posting an ERA of 2.89.
- Sammy Sosa. Sammy Sosa played for the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs, Baltimore Orioles, and Texas Rangers from 1989 through 2007. He is a seven-time all-star and he was named the National League MVP in 1998. Throughout his eighteen year career, he drove in 1,667 runs on 2,408 hits, including 609 homeruns. Sammy Sosa was also a recipient of the Silver Slugger award six times.
- Pedro Martinez. Pedro Martinez is one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball history. Pedro Martinez made his MLB debut in 1992 as a twenty year old with the Los Angeles Dodgers. He is an eight time all-star and he was nominated the Cy Young in 1997, 1999, and 2000. Pedro Martinez has won 219 games in 409 games started, while posting an ERA of 2.93 while striking out 3,154 batters.
- Manny Ramirez. Manny Ramirez is a twelve-time all-star and two time winner of the AL Hank Aaron Award. He was the thirteenth overall pick of the 1991 MLB Amateur Draft, Manny Ramirez was born in the Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic in 1972. Manny Ramirez was also the World Series MVP in 2004.
- Vladimir Guerrero. Vladimir Guerrero is the final player to be mentioned as one of the five best Dominican baseball players of all time. Vladimir Guerrero was the 2004 AL MVP and he has been sent to the all-star game eight times. He has also been the recipient of the Silver Slugger award seven times. Surprisingly, Vladimir Guerrero went undrafted in 1993 and was signed as a free agent by the Montreal Expos.