Looking for the 5 best drama schools in Chicago? You are in luck, because Chicago is a richly diverse city and offers some of the best dramatic schools in the country. Many people prefer Chicago over other areas for their drama education.
- Goodman Theatre. This is one of the best drama schools in Chicago because of its longevity and reputation. The school formed in 1925 and offers numerous drama programs, internships and general studies programs. Goodman Theatre: 170 North Dearborn St., Chicago, IL 6060.
- Chicago College of Performing Arts. This school is one of the best drama schools in Chicago not only because it is affiliated with Roosevelt University, but also it has a strong reputation in the dramatic arts. The department offers bachelor's and master's degrees in theatre and music. Chicago College of Performing Arts: 430 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60605.
- UChicago Arts. This is one of the best drama schools in Chicago since it offers a wide array of specializations, and its affiliation with the University of Chicago certainly adds to its credibility. The university offers a BFA and an MFA in cinema, literary, performing and visual arts. UChicago Arts: 5540 South Greenwood Ave., Chicago, IL 60637.
- Loyola University. This is one of the best drama schools in Chicago since its offers a tremendously solid performing arts program leading to a BFA. The students engage in a wide range of productions and performances which lead to greater ability upon graduating. Loyola University: 1032 W. Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL 60660.
- The Theatre School at DePaul University. This is one of the best drama schools in Chicago because of its affiliation with a major university. The students get a hands-on drama education and are prepared for real-world positions upon graduating. Additionally, the school has been around for more than 85 years, so you are sure to get a very well-rounded approach to the dramatic arts. The department offers a BFA and an MFA. The Theatre School at DePaul University: 2135 N. Kenmore Ave., Chicago, IL 60614.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.