The 5 best dual purpose motorcycles are those motorcycles which give you a choice of two, different ways of using them. Generally, dual purpose motorcycles permit you not only to use them on a track, but also to tour on them. So these motorcycles afford you the best of both worlds, letting you switch their use whenever you feel like it.
- Kawasaki KLR 650. The Kawasaki KLR 650 takes the top spot on this list of the best dual purpose motorcycles because of how easy it is to see yourself cruising down the highway or the race track! With a price tag that makes it affordable and features that you have to try to believe, this dual purpose motorcycle is great for the adventure cyclist who likes to change his mind frequently about what type of terrain to drive on.
- Honda CRF230L. If you want a dual purpose motorcycle that simply looks like a mere dirtbike, then the Honda CRF230L is the one for you. Deceptively versatile, which is why it is the second-best dual purpose motorcycle, it has 223 ccs of power, which makes it a great ride either on the paved streets or out on the dirt paths of some woods.
- Yamaha WR 450 F. If you like a dual purpose motorcycle with a little bit more kick and power, then the Yamaha WR 450 F provides that to you in droves, which is why it earns its three spot on this list of the best dual purpose motorcycles. With a liquid cooling engine, a four-stroke engine, and a displacement of 449 ccs, this dual purpose motorcycle is great, but it costs a bit more, too.
- BMW F 800 GS. The fourth-best dual purpose motorcycle based on its bulk and massive built, the BMW F 800 GS is yours if you like to ride something with more muscle! Though it has more muscle, it is also built in a lightweight fashion, which means great cornering and handling. This latest GS model is also the most off-road geared GS model ever.
- DUCATI Hypermotard 796. The DUCATI Hypermotard 796 is the kind of dual sport motorcycle you want to own if you like a light model that comes with a lower seat position, and also blends its twin-cylinder power and sportbike legacy with the minimalism of DUCATI'S hypermotard design. This sits last on this list because the price tag may prove to dissuade some people.