5 Best Dunkers In NBA History
The 5 best dunkers in NBA history helped to elevate the game. These players excelled on and off the court. Here are the 5 best NBA dunkers, in no particular order:
- Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan brought a new excitement to the game of basketball. Arguably the best dunker in the history of the NBA, Jordan's athletic ability far surpassed his competition. That is why he is one of the 5 best NBA dunkers.
- Dominique Wilkins. One of the 5 best NBA dunkers was Dominique Wilkins. Wilkins was long and lean, which aided in his game. Wilkins drove to the net with a grace and style that was unique in the game. Wilkins' skill led to two straight NBA dunking contest wins.
- Dwight Howard. The list of the best NBA dunkers has to include Dwight Howard. Known by the nickname "Superman," Howard has helped to bring excitement to a game that had staled in recent years.
- Spud Webb. Small in stature, many would be surprised to find that Spud Webb was one of the giants in the NBA. His dunking skills were only highlighted by his stature.
- Lebron James. One of the most powerful dunkers in the history of basketball, Lebron James has solidified his place on the list of the best NBA dunkers. James' youth helped him physically dominate the sport.
There are many other players who could have made the list, but these players have so far dominated the art of dunking. From Jordan to James, these players revolutionized the sport. With the talent of players increasing each year, there is no telling what the future holds for dunking.