5 Best Easter Recipes
If you want to cook for your family and friends during Easter, then you should know the 5 best Easter recipes. Cooking can be very tiring and time consuming. However, with the help of these recipes, everyone can enjoy cooking without hassle. You can expect to save time by following these five Easter recipes.
1. Deviled Eggs (Serving size: 1 dozen)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cut eggs in half and remove yolks. Set egg whites on aside. Crush yolks in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix yolks with mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- Put eggs in the fridge. Serve cold.
2. Fresh Fruit Bowl (Serving size: 4 quarts)
- 10 cups fresh melon cubes
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Large mixing bowl
- Put melon cubes and corn syrup in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and store bowl in the fridge overnight.
- Add remaining fruits and fresh mint leaves prior to serving.
3. Cheesy Potato Bake (Serving size: 10)
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Large mixing bowl
- 3 quart Baking dish
- Put potatoes, soup, sour cream, 1-3/4 cups of cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese into a large mixing bowl and mix them together.
- Put grease on the baking dish. Pour the potato mixture into the dish. Top the potato mixture with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Put the dish into the oven. Make sure that the oven is set for baking at 350F for 45 minutes. Wait five minutes before serving.
4. Sweet Carrots (Serving size: 8)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Large skillet
- Boil water in large skillet. Add carrots, cinnamon sticks, cumin and ginger in the boiling water.
- Let everything boil for ten minutes. Add honey and lemon juice.
- Keep boiling the carrots for four minutes until the carrots become soft and the water dries up. Ready to serve.
5. Spiced Bacon Twists (Serving size: 5)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 10 center-cut bacon strips
- Small bowl
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. Baking pan with rack
- Mix brown sugar, ground mustard, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub both sides of bacon strips with the mixed ingredients in the bowl. Twist bacons, and then place them on a rack in the baking pan.
- Set oven at 350F for 30 minutes. Note that you can set a longer baking time if everyone loves crispy bacon twists.