These 5 best easy vodka cocktails are a great way to start your night or hell, start your day. Vodka is one of the best spirits to keep around the house because it readily mixes with pretty much anything and makes good shots too. Do yourself a favor when selecting your vodka, shy away from the cheap stuff because life is too short for the nasty hangovers.
To make these vodka cocktails, you will need:
- Cocktail shaker
- Cranberry juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- Orange juice
- Vodka Martini. If you are going to be a drunk, you might as well be a classy one. Vodka martinis are a short, easy ride to Buzztown. Swirl a splash of vermouth in a cocktail shaker, add a handful of ice and pour two shots of vodka in there. Shake a few times and strain into a martini glass (or anything not made of plastic). Olives, lemons and even limes make a good garnish if you wish.
- Sea Breeze. A very refreshing drink on a hot day. Plus, it may help clear up your urinary tract infection. Put some ice in a glass and pour in one shot of vodka and two shots of grapefruit juice. Squeeze a lime over this and add a shot of cranberry juice.
- Kamikaze. This shooter goes down smooth as soda and will definitely mess you up. Since you use equal portions of vodka, Triple Sec and lime juice, feel free to make as much or as little as you need. Pour equal amounts of the three ingredients over ice, shake and strain into either shots or really big shots. Unlike most cocktails, you shoot a kamikaze and bellow for more.
- Hop, Skip and Go Naked. You ever wake up in a house full of degenerates and realize there is still beer left in the keg? Time to make breakfast for the drunkards. Get a huge bowl and pour about six beers in it. Now add a liter of vodka and three cans of frozen pink lemonade. Stir it up and serve over ice. Sounds awful, eh? Try it—this pink ooze will slap away any hangovers or apprehensions you harbor from the night before.
- Screwdriver. Last but not least is the quintessential classic. If you have an orange tree on your property you may have already had hundreds of these. This age old beauty works best with freshly squeezed orange juice but the pasteurized, store bought crap works in a pinch too. If you have premium vodka, do not waste it. Buy some ripe oranges and squeeze the juice. If you have great vodka and fresh orange juice, a three to one ratio of juice to vodka hits the spot.
- Some college students do not have cocktail shakers and have come up with novel improvisations. A large, traveling coffee mug with a sipping lid works perfect. One big glass and one small glass are another variation. Mix everything in the big glass and use the smaller glass as the lid.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.