5 Best Electric Motocross Bikes
Investing in one of the 5 best electric motocross bikes is a great way to get familiar with a motocross bike without taking the plunge power and financially. Electric bikes are also great for kids as the power limit allows for a speed cap making them safer to ride. There are quite a few electric bikes out there to choose from and Razor makes a majority of them, but a few stand above the rest in power, durability, safety and fun.
- Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket. The Razor offers a scaled down version of a dirt bike with speeds up to 14 mph. This bike is designed for youth ages twelve and up with a weight limit of 140 pounds. The realistic dirt bike design gives the same look and feel of a full size motocross bike in a smaller, easy-to-use style built for kids. 12" pneumatic knobby tires give great power transfer. The bike takes approximately eight hours to charge fully and can cruise for up to ten miles on a single, full charge. This is great for most trail rides, but the quiet design means you can ride just about any where the law allows. This bike also comes equipped with retractable kickstand and riser handlebars. Available with a 90-day warranty through Amazon, this bike retails for around $280 before shipping. Though in a common Amazon sale you can get this bike for closer to $200.
- Razor MX500 Dirt Rocket. The MX500 boasts a 500 watt battery with speeds up to 17 mph. Constructed in the same scaled down motocross style of all Razor Electrics, this bike offers dual suspension and riser handlebars. Because of the power increase, this bike is recommended for ages fourteen and up and has a weight limit of 175 pounds. This model can also cruise for ten miles on a fully charged battery. For maximum power transfer, this bike is geared for 16" or 14" pneumatic knobby tires. Available with a 90-day warranty if purchased through Amazon this bike retails at just under $400 before shipping with a common sale price of just under $330.
- Zero MX. Zero Motorcycles specialize in electric motorcycles of all kind. Their MX is specially designed to handle off road tracks and trails. With two dirt models to choose from, the Track & Jumps Model and the Technical Trails Model, you'll find the best motocross electric bike you need for your specific sport and skill level. The MX offers a lightweight, tough design with premium suspension for optimal comfort on dirt tracks and through jumps. A larger chain and sprockets increase the level of durability for this bike. The MX is also fast and handles well taking it through a course smoothly and competitively. Zero Motorcycles offers an add on package that boosts power and offers a stronger fork in custom designs. MSRP $8,295
- Zero X. Zero Motorcycles offers a second electric dirt bike model in the X which is specifically designed for technical trails. This full-size bike offers 50 ft. pounds of torque and a Lithium Ion power pack for the most power. The X is also designed to disrupt nature as little as possible, through responsible operation of the rider. The frame is made of aircraft grade aluminum for optimal durability and most the lightweight design. 17" knobby tires in the back grip the trail so you don't have to worry about slipping. A solid, intelligently constructed brake system means you can stop when you need in a matter of seconds. The X also offers an extreme package with a power boost and customized fork set up. MSRP $7,495
- Razor MX650. The MX650 takes the Razor power to the ultimate level. Still constructed with durability and lightweight handling in mind, this bike offers a 650 watt electric motor. This bike reaches speeds of up to 17 mph and is built for those ages sixteen and over and for weighs of no more than 120 pounds. The chain driven motor offers a quiet ride, while still transferring power where you need it, when you need it. MSRP $510