The 5 best Emily Blunt movies show why the talented actress has been gaining increasing fame, popularity, and critical acclaim since her film debut in 2004.
- “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006). In her first movie to receive widespread international notice, Emily Blunt plays the venomous assistant to a dreaded fashion magazine editor. The movie is based on a novel by Lauren Weisberger and stars Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. “The Devil Wears Prada” was a critical and commercial success and opened countless doors for Emily Blunt.
- “The Young Victoria” (2009). Some Americans might not be familiar with this film because it was only released in limited markets in the United States, but “The Young Victoria” was a critical success for Emily Blunt. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her starring role as Queen Victoria.
- “Sunshine Cleaning” (2009). In “Sunshine Cleaning,” Emily Blunt and Amy Adams play two mismatched sisters who start a cleaning company specializing in crime scenes. The movie also stars Alan Arkin as the sisters’ unlucky father.
- “The Jane Austen Book Club” (2007). In this Emily Blunt movie, she plays a high school French teacher who joins a book club to discuss the novels of Jane Austen. This chick flick also stars Mario Bello, Kathy Baker, Maggie Grace, and Hugh Dancy.
- “My Summer of Love” (2004). With her first major role in “My Summer of Love,” Emily Blunt received widespread attention and accolades. She plays a manipulative young girl from the upper class who begins a relationship with another girl from a working class family.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.