The 5 best Emily Blunt movies show why the talented actress has been gaining increasing fame, popularity, and critical acclaim since her film debut in 2004.
- “The Devil Wears Prada” (2006). In her first movie to receive widespread international notice, Emily Blunt plays the venomous assistant to a dreaded fashion magazine editor. The movie is based on a novel by Lauren Weisberger and stars Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. “The Devil Wears Prada” was a critical and commercial success and opened countless doors for Emily Blunt.
- “The Young Victoria” (2009). Some Americans might not be familiar with this film because it was only released in limited markets in the United States, but “The Young Victoria” was a critical success for Emily Blunt. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her starring role as Queen Victoria.
- “Sunshine Cleaning” (2009). In “Sunshine Cleaning,” Emily Blunt and Amy Adams play two mismatched sisters who start a cleaning company specializing in crime scenes. The movie also stars Alan Arkin as the sisters’ unlucky father.
- “The Jane Austen Book Club” (2007). In this Emily Blunt movie, she plays a high school French teacher who joins a book club to discuss the novels of Jane Austen. This chick flick also stars Mario Bello, Kathy Baker, Maggie Grace, and Hugh Dancy.
- “My Summer of Love” (2004). With her first major role in “My Summer of Love,” Emily Blunt received widespread attention and accolades. She plays a manipulative young girl from the upper class who begins a relationship with another girl from a working class family.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?