5 Best English Action Movies Of 2010 List
If you’re a fan of action films, here are the 5 best English action movies of 2010. Although 2009 was a banner year for British films, 2010 was nothing to snigger at. The best Brit-flicks of the year were the action-packed historical epics. One superhero satire also hit the big screen in 2010.
- “Black Death.” “Black Death” tops the list of best English action movies in 2010. The action-adventure film and religious drama is set in medieval England, when the country was under the shadow of the Black Death. Sean Bean stars as a knight who leads a band of mercenaries on a quest to hunt down a necromancer who is rumored to bring back the dead.
- “Centurion.” “Centurion” is another great English action film. The movie recounts the ill-fated Ninth Legion (a Roman legion) on their march to Caledonia (Scotland) to wipe out a Celtic tribe called the Picts. Michael Fassbender, Dominic West, and Olga Kurylenko star in this epic adventure.
- “Robin Hood.” “Robin Hood” is a 2010 British-American action-adventure starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. It’s a big-budget retelling of the legendary Robin Hood, the heroic outlaw in English folklore. The title role belongs to Crowe, with Blanchett in the role of Lady Marion.
- “Solomon Kane.” “Solomon Kane” is a fantasy action film based on a pulp magazine character. Released the last week of 2009, it hit the screens in 2010. The plot involves a man who ends his life as a privateer to become a puritan avenger. The movie introduces the Kane character, played by James Purefoy, and is intended to be the first installment in a film trilogy.
- “Kick-Ass.” Ending the list of five best English action movies of 2010 is “Kick-Ass,” a superhero film based on a comic book story. The satirical British action-comedy premiered in the United Kingdom in March 2010. Brad Pitt co-produced the film, which stars Aaron Johnson, Nicolas Cage, and Chloe Grace Moretz.