5 Best Engraved Pocket Watches
Here are the 5 best engraved pocket watches. Engraved pocket watches were usually and may very well still be a family heirloom. Oftentimes the inscription gave the only available clues to the wearer’s life. It was always enjoyable to watch old movies and TV shows where one or more scenes involved pocket watches being gravely removed and flipped open in order to check the time. Sometimes, the brand was shown; other times, it wasn’t. When it was shown, it could have been any of the ones listed below, or any other. A quick search, however, reveals that these are the ones which appear most often when talking about engraved pocket watches.
- Waltham: This is a very popular brand of pocket watch, and the majority of models available lend themselves very well to being turned into engraved pocket watches. The cases can be white-gold, yellow-gold, or silver and engraving can be done on the outside or the inside, depending on the wearer’s preference. This watch is also the favorite of collector Harry Goldberg.
- Charles Hubert: Engraved pocket watches from this company are very elegant. They make excellent choices both for collectors and for those who might be considering starting their own tradition of passing down pocket watches as family heirlooms.
- Hamilton: Many railroad employees prefer Hamilton pocket watches. Vintage models are highly sought by collectors, and in some cases, Hamilton engraved pocket watches, especially those that were specifically listed as being “railroad watches,” are worth more than others.
- Rolex: Rolex watches are often considered a “status symbol”, a sign that someone has moved up in the world. Whether or not this is actually true, the fact is that Rolex engraved pocket watches have a beauty and appearance all their own.
- Elgin: This is another established watch brand, and again another one preferred by collectors. Elgin engraved pocket watches are some of the most beautiful pocket watches one might ever see.