Looking for the 5 best erotic suspense movies? Lots of films are erotic, and many are suspenseful. But if you’re looking for a combination of the two, it’s best to first take a look at what others consider to be the best erotic suspense movies. But realize that any list made by others should only be used as a list of suggestions. Otherwise, you should research and compile your own list of erotic suspense movies that you personally enjoy!
- “The Postman Always Rings Twice” Though released in 1946, when censorship ran rampant, this thriller managed plenty of eroticism thanks to brilliant performances by Lana Turner and John Garfield. And the 1981 re-make featuring Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange was also artfully delivered and definitely worth a look.
- “Body Heat” In one of the “sweatiest” movies of all time, writer/director Lawrence Kasdan skillfully captures terrific performances by William Hurt, Kathleen Turner, Richard Crenna and a strong supporting cast. Released in 1981, this film still remains an iconic example of a great erotic suspense movie.
- “The Grifters” Based on a Jim Thompson novel, this 1990 release features the varied talents of Anjelica Huston, John Cusack, Annette Bening and director Stephen Frears. The movie is a great piece of work overall and is definitely regarded as a fine example of erotic suspense.
- “Chinatown” Another of the Huston family appears again on this list, this time John Huston, who gives a fantastic performance in this 1974 release. Further, it features Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway, who both live up to their reputations by artfully making real the words of legendary screenwriter Robert Towne.
- “The Handmaid’s Tale” In this 1990 feature, the suspense is subtle, but the eroticism is right in your face and delivered tastefully by the likes of Robert Duvall, Faye Dunaway, Aidan Quinn and Natasha Richardson.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …