If you like sex and enjoy suspense, you’ll love our selection of the 5 best erotic thriller movies ever made. The erotic thrillers on this list feature forbidden, steamy affairs that cloud the judgment of otherwise rational people and emphasize the message that sometimes being naughty just doesn’t pay.
- "Fatal Attraction" (1987). No film has ever frightened more men than this modern classic starring Michael Douglas as a cheating husband and Glenn Close as his over-the-top, crazy mistress. Douglas plays Dan Gallagher, an attorney who falls under the spell of Alex Forrest (Close), a single professional woman he meets at a business function. The two hit it off and, with his wife and daughter out of town, Gallagher gets together with Alex, eventually having violent sex in the kitchen of her apartment. As the affair progresses, so does Alex’s crazed obsession with Gallagher, eventually culminating in a wild finale and earning a spot on our list of the 5 best erotic thriller movies.
- "Match Point" (2005). You might not expect one of the best erotic thrillers to come from Woody Allen, but with “Match Point,” the director scores an ace. The film stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers as former tennis pro Chris Wilton and Scarlett Johansson in the role of Nola Rice, an aspiring American actress hoping to hit it big in London. Married to wealthy heiress Chloe Hewett (Emily Mortimer), Wilton can’t resist the smoldering Nola, who happens to be the girlfriend of Chloe’s brother Tom. They consummate their torrid affair in a rain storm—an affair filled with emotional twists, unexpected turns and eventual murder.
- "Body Heat" (1981). Back before Kathleen Turner morphed into what appears to be a male cross dresser, she was about as hot as any woman on the planet. That’s why she was the perfect choice for “Body Heat,” one of the 5 best erotic thrillers of all time. Filmed with the feel of 1940s film noir, the story takes place during a hot, steamy Miami summer and features William Hurt as attorney Ned Racine and Turner as Matty, the sexy, young trophy wife of wealthy Edmund Walker (Richard Crenna). Ned and Matty meet in a bar and their almost instant attraction leads to red hot sex, cold-blooded murder and eventually a surprise ending where things aren’t necessarily as they seemed.
- "Unfaithful" (2002). Proving wives can be as naughty as husbands, the next offering from our list of the 5 best erotic thrillers of all time features beautiful Diane Lane as the dutiful wife of faithful husband Richard Gere. For housewife Connie Sumner (Lane), the routine of her everyday life—a good marriage, a young son and an upper class home in the suburbs of New York—may provide security but is lacking in spontaneity. That all changes one afternoon in the big city when she meets a handsome, young Frenchman, Paul Martel, played by Olivier Martinez. Unable to resist the young man’s charms, Connie is soon making regular visits to New York, and the Frenchman’s bed. Noticing a change in Connie’s demeanor, Edward suspects the worst and has her tailed, eventually coming face-to-face with his wife’s lover. And that’s when the fun begins.
- "Basic Instinct" (1992). Finishing our list of the 5 best erotic thriller movies is the film that made Sharon Stone’s crotch famous. “Basic Instinct” stars Michael Douglas as detective Nick Curran, a man who just can’t keep his hands off the sexy main suspect (Catherine Tramell, played by Stone) of a murder investigation where the victim is found in Tramell’s bed stabbed to death by an ice pick. As Curran continues his investigation of the seemingly guilty Tramell, he is unable to resist temptation and maintains a wild affair with the sultry suspect all leading up to a chilling “did she or didn’t she?” conclusion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …