5 Best Exercises Using Your Own Bodyweight
For those on a budget or operating under time constraints, a simple bodyweight workout is the best way to stay tone and fit, so let's explore the 5 best exercises using your own bodyweight. Before beginning any exercise routine, it is critical to properly warm-up to elevate the heart rate by increasing circulation and the body's natural temperature. The warm-up prepares the body for higher intensity exercise. Even when operating under time constraints, a warm-up is critical to an effective workout. Begin with a simple jog in place for at least five minutes followed by several stretching exercises.
After your body is sufficiently primed for the workout, then it is critical to choose the five best exercises using your own bodyweight to maximize the workout and to keep it within your allotted time frame. Perform each exercise for at least 30 seconds and try to increase to up to two minutes. If time is not an issue, then repeat these exercises as an interval workout.
1. Push Ups: Topping the list of the five best exercises using your own bodyweight is the simple, but very effective push up. This exercise targets the shoulders, arms, and back. In addition, the push up activates the core and requires a significant amount of lower body strength. Diamond, wide-arm, crocodile and the inverted spiderman are just four variations of the traditional push up. These variations are unique ways to challenge the mind and body. The push up can be done almost anywhere and anytime. It targets several muscles groups, and the variations keep each exercise fresh and exciting.
2. Lunges: Continuing the list of the five best exercises using your own bodyweight is the lunge. Lunges are a diverse and excellent way to strengthen the lower body while also engaging the core. Like the push up, lunges can be performed many different ways. A simple standing lunge is the easiest and very common among beginners. Walking lunges, lunges with twists, and side lunges are three simple variations that increase your strength and stamina.
3. Burpees: Following lunges on the top five best exercises using your own bodyweight is the burpee. Depending on the speed and intensity, the burpee can be a very effective way to get a quick cardiovascular workout as well as a strength building workout. These also require very little space and no additional equipment, which makes them very popular. Like the lunge and the push up, a burpee can be altered to fit any fitness level. To increase the challenge of a burpee, add a push up to the routine.
4. Wall Sits: An extremely challenging exercise is a wall sit, so it is definitely one of the five best exercises using your own bodyweight. Wall sits activate the glutes, hips, and thighs, and these require a great deal of concentration and focus. It is important to sit with your knees at a ninety degree angle to maximize the workout.
5. Abdominal Exercises: Rounding out the list of the five best exercises using your own bodyweight are abdominal exercises. From reverse crunches to bicycles, abdominal exercises target core muscles. When these core muscles are primed and trained, the whole body benefits. Simply put, a strong core improves balance and stability.
To conclude, a strong workout requires very little equipment or space. A strong workout can come from using your own bodyweight. Also, it is critical to finish any workout with a cooling down phase that involves stretching and bringing the heart rate back to a normal pace.