The 5 best exotic cars for street racing are, not surprisingly, from the biggest names in exotic automobiles. Therefore, it shouldn't be a surprise that the 5 best exotic cars for street racing are those automobiles that cost a lot more than a pretty penny, probably way more than a beautiful nickel. These 5 exotic cars were built for speed and could easily hold their own in any street race. Are you guessing which cars are picked yet? Just know, that these five exotic cars are the definition of prestige while at the same time embodying the term "speed demon". Here they are for your consideration, the five best exotic cars for street racing.
- Lamborghini Diablo. There should be no surprise here. You knew Lamborghini would be represented on this list. Is the Diablo exotic? Yes. Is it fast? Hell yes. When this thing was released in 1990, it was easily the fastest car in existence at the time. It was the first Lamborghini that could reach speeds of 200 mph. Imagine hitting the freeway with this baby? Cops give out tickets for going faster than 75 mph on the highway. They'd bury you under the jail for 200 mph. And yes, this thing is easily one of the five best exotic cars built for street racing.
- Lamborghini Murcielago. The successor to the crown. The Murcielago is the replacement for the Diablo. It was introduced in 2001 and will continue to be in production until 2012. Just like it's speed demon relative, this baby can get down on the road. Try zero to 60 in 3.8 seconds. Oh, and it's definitely one of the sexiest of the six figure exotic vehicles out there. It looks like a freaking space ship. If it had wings, the thing could probably fly. Yes, this exotic car could handle itself in a street race with no problem.
- Ferrari Enzo. Also no surprise making this list. The Ferrari brand of car is just as famous as any Lamborghini model to hit the streets. If a Lamborghini is a speed demon then the Ferrari is the goblin of the racing world. This thing was created using Formula one technology. It goes so fast that once it reaches a certain speed, onboard computers tell the car to lower itself closer to the ground in order to hug the road better. It's been clocked to hit about 221 mph. That's fast enough to wet your pants and dry them in less than a minute.
- Lotus Exige. It may not be as expensive as it's racing counterparts, but its lack in cost in no way shape or form effects it's speed output. It can go from zero to 60 in 4.1 seconds. It can reach 100 mph in under ten seconds. It reaches a top speed of 150 mph but if you're street racing this puppy, it can handle the competition. This is the poor man's exotic car. If a $69,000 price tag is for poor folks.
- Porsche 928. This car can get up to 146 mph depending on the model. It's a gran touring car, which means it was built for speed over long distances. Yeah, street races aren't very long but this little pit bull gets going just as fast as the rest of these cars right out of the gate. It definitely makes the list for the top five exotic cars for street racing out today.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …