5 Best Family Movies 2008
Cuddle up with your kids and get ready for the 5 best family movies of 2008. Four of these five features are animated, and all have great casts, whimsical stories, and exciting moments that are fun for the whole family. Read on for the list:
- "Bolt." This animated comedy is the story of a dog who stars on a superhero show and believes his powers are real. When his costar faces danger, he embarks on a cross-country journey to save his life. This best family film features characters voiced by superstars John Travolta and Miley Cyrus. It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature of the Year.
- "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian." This best family movie of 2008 is probably more appealing for older kids. This entry in the popular fantasy action adventure series was nominated for a People's Choice Award for Best Family Movie.
- "WALL-E." This animated fantasy saga, set in the distant future, is about a robot who sets off to save mankind. It was recognized as one of the best family films of the year by the Academy Awards, where it won Best Animated Feature.
- "Horton Hears a Who." This animated family comedy is based on the Dr. Seuss children's book classic. The movie has an all-star cast of voice actors, including Steve Carell, Carol Burnett, Seth Rogen and Jim Carrey.
- "Kung Fu Panda." This best family movie of 2008 stars Jack Black voicing a panda who is named as the dragon warrior, despite the fact that he is terrible at martial arts. Costars include Dustin Hoffman and Angelina Jolie. The movie was nominated for an Oscar for Best Animated Feature of the Year.
Posted on: Dec. 30, 2010