There’s no shortage of talent in country music, so devising a list of the best female country music artists of 2010 is no small feat. These women proved they have what it takes to win big at the major awards shows, showing up even some of their most famous male counterparts.
- Carrie Underwood. She may be off the market having wed Canadian hockey player Mike Fisher in July, but she’s still one of the hottest female country music artists of 2010 (and perhaps all time). Recent accomplishments include winning the “Favorite Album of the Year” award at the American Music Awards for her album “Play On.”
- Taylor Swift. Listening to this country music artist’s music is like reading very private diary entries, and we’re not embarrassed to say we sometimes enjoy it. 2010 was a big year for Swift, as she earned the coveted Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainer of the Year Award. She’s the youngest person ever to win this award.
- Miranda Lambert. With three top ten singles in 2010, this sultry country music star proved that she’s much more than just a pretty face. At the November CMT Music Awards, Lambert took home “Top Female Vocalist” as well as “Female Video of the Year” for her hit country song “White Liar.” This soon-to-be-wed star is engaged to "Top Male Vocalist" Blake Shelton.
- Reba McEntire. This experienced country music singer proved she still has what it takes to succeed in the industry. This redhead was nominated for “Female Video of the Year” at the CMT Music Awards. Although she lost to Miranda Lambert, this country megastar is still considered one of the best of 2010.
- Hillary Scott. This lead vocalist of Lady Antebellum had an impressive 2010. Scott and her band picked up a 2010 Grammy for “Best Country Performance by Duo or Group with Vocals” for their hit country song “I Run to You.” American Idol must be kicking themselves, as Hillary Scott tried out for the hit TV show two times in the past, never making it past the first round.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.