It's time to talk about the 5 best female martial artists. When you think of martial artists, you tend to think of movie stars in big name productions. Most of these martial artists are males. You know, Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee. But, female martial artists have been doing their thing just as long as the guys have. Female martial artists can be just as vicious and calculating as any man. Though many of them don't get the publicity that their male counterparts receive, there are some dominating female martial artists out there. So, who are they? Who are the five best female martial artists? Check these hard hitters out. Here are the five best female martial artists.
- Diana Lopez, Taekwondo. She's ranked ninth in the world for featherweights in Taekwondo. Now, you're probably asking yourself "How would the ninth ranked Taekwondo female martial artist make it on a list of the top five female martial artists?" Simple. This is a men's magazine, right? Things other than skill go into choosing anybody for any list. She's freaking gorgeous. Oh, and winning the Taekwondo female athlete of the year award in 2005, 2006, and 2008 doesn't hurt either. Not to mention the fact that she won the gold medal at the 2010 Canada Open and a silver medal at the 2010 U.S. Open.
- Yu So Chow, Kung Fu. This particular butt kicker is known as the "Queen" of female martial artists. If you're named the queen of anything, people are going to take notice. She was one of three actresses in the 1950's that actually knew martial arts. She did all of her own stunts. And you thought Jackie Chan was the first to pull this off, didn't you? Not only that, Life imitates art with this remarkable woman. Apparently, she beat the hell out of an entire gang with using just a silk belt when she was a teenager.
- Cynthia Rothrock, multiple styles. This woman is the definition of an ass kicker. Move over Chuck Norris. She's won the World Karate Championships five times. She holds five different black belts in different styles of martial arts. She's got one in Tang Soo Do, Tae Kwon Do, Eagle Claw, Wu Shu, and Northern Shaolin. She's also accomplished at using various weapons. Oh, she happens to be a pretty hot actress too.
- Keiko Fukuda, Judo. She's the "Master Yoda" of this martial arts game. As a matter of fact, Yoda could learn a thing or two from her. She doesn't study Judo, she is Judo. She is the highest ranking female Judo martial artist in the world. She's been teaching Judo for over 70 years. 70 years? Some people don't even live to be 70 years old and she's been teaching people to kick other people's asses for 70 years. Amazing.
- Megumi "Mega Megu" Fuji. She's the number one ranked female MMA fighter in the world. You know MMA isn't a joke. As of 2010, this chick hasn't even lost a match. She's making a living crushing skulls and taking names. And it seems as if business is really good for her. She's currently at 21 wins and no losses.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.