Who are the 5 best female martial artists in the world? There are many professional mixed-martial arts organizations, such as The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) that was founded in 1993. A lot of fans can name a handful of their favorite male MMA fighters, but very few question the top female martial artists in the world. Some argue that female martial artists are nothing more than novelty championships, while as some recognize the athletic ability of martial artists without resorting to stereotypes. Female martial artists from all over the world use different techniques and fighting styles in the same manner as their male counterparts.
- Tara LaRosa: Tara LaRosa is considered one of the best female martial artists in the world. LaRosa is an American that is 5'6" and weighs 125 lbs. She practices Muay Thai, Karate, Judo and Brazilian Jiujitsu. LaRosa has a combined 19-2-1 record with a DaMMAge, BodogFight and UCW championship titles.
- Megumi Fujii: Megumi Fujii is ranked number three female mixed-martial artist in the world. Fujii goes by the name "Mega-Megu." stands 5'3" and weighs 114 lbs. Fujii is crossed trained in boxing, kick boxing, Sambo, Judo, Jiujitsu and Catch wrestling. Fujii has a total of 22 wins and 1 loss with 1 knockout and 14 submissions.
- Satoko Shinashi: Satoko Shinashi, a Japanese MMA fighter, practices a combination of Brazillian Jiujitsu, Judo and Sambo. Shinashi currently has a 29-2-2 record with losses to Mai Ichii and Hisae Watanabe.
- Kyra Gracie: Kyra Gracie takes after her name with earning a black-belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu and winning a grappling championship. Kyra Gracie is oneof the only women in the Gracie family to compete and earn a high-ranking belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu. Gracie stands 5'7" and weighs 130 lbs. She is an instructor for the Renzo Gracie Academy in New York.
- Erin Toughill: Erin Toughill is a female mixed-martial artist crossed train in kick-boxing and Brazilian Jiujitsu. Toughill is nicknamed "Steel," stands 5'10" and weighs 140 lbs. Toughills record is 10-2-1 with 4 knockouts and 1 submission. She earned a brown belt in Jiujitsu, 2001 ReMix championship and 2001 W-Fusion Japan championship.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.