5 Best Florida Beach Resorts
Plan this year’s vacation to Florida by discovering the 5 best Florida beach resorts. Spend your vacation on the white sand beaches in Florida at a luxury resort. Each Florida beach resort has different amenities that can accommodate any visitor and aims to pamper resort guests of any age.
- Casa Marina Resort. The Casa Marina Resort is part of the Waldorf Astoria collection of luxury resorts in Key West, Florida. Casa Marina Resort has 311 guest rooms with 72 suites and two tropical outdoor pools. Casa Marina has a large private beach with full water sport services. You can rent scooters and bicycles for exploring the area surrounding the resort. Enjoy the Sun-Sun Beach Bar & Grill poolside.
- Bahia Mar Beach Resort & Yachting Center. BahiaMar Beach Resort is part of the Waldorf Astoria collection of luxury resorts located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Bahia Mar offers golf, tennis, fine dining and nearby shopping. Snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing, kayaking, jet and water skiing are all available. Rent a yacht, sailboat or powerboat and cruise the ocean. End your evening gaming in the casino.
- Miami Beach Resort. The Miami Beach Resort, with its 424 luxury rooms and suites, is positioned on the white sand beaches of the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean. Rent jet skis and boats or enjoy the heated pool. Play beach volleyball, go deep-sea fishing, scuba dive, or take a yacht or sightseeing cruise. Golf is available at the Miami Beach Golf Club. Dine in one of the four restaurants or enjoy room service from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Packages available.
- Edgewater Beach Hotel. The Edgewater Beach Hotel is also part of the Waldorf Astoria collection of luxury resorts overlooking the Gulf of Mexico in Naples, Florida. Relax in the spa or with a round of golf. Keep in shape on the tennis court or the workout room. Special accommodations for weddings or meetings are available. Enjoy casual dining on the veranda at the Coast which overlooks the pools and Gulf of Mexico or at the pool bar. Room service available.
- Song of the Sea Resort. Song of the Sea Resort is located off the coast of Fort Myers on Sanibel Island, Florida. Experience golf on the Dunes Championship Golf course complete with pro shop, practice range and professional instruction. Relax in the sun under an umbrella on the white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico or by the heated pool and Jacuzzi. Tour the island on a complimentary bicycle or play tennis. Daily complimentary continental breakfast is served on the terrace. Outdoor barbecues grills available for afternoon or evening cookouts as well as find outdoor dining. There is WiFi in every room and suite. Special packages available.
Lesley Abravanel, Frommer’s Florida 2010. Wiley Publishing 2010