What are the 5 best fly fishing hats? It is important to understand the details when choosing a fly fishing hat because not just any every day hat will do. An avid fly fisherman needs ultimate sun protection for the face and neck, comfortable styling, quick drying fabric, and a lightweight design that resists wind. There are five hats, designed for fisherman, that rank well for both style and functionality.
- Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat. The Adventure Hat from Sunday Afternoons boasts 360 degrees of sun protection with a UPF 50+ rating. The fishing hat offers a moisture wicking band to keep sweat at bay, a dark fabric under the brim to reduce water glare, and a sturdy chin strap to keep the hat firmly attached during windy fishing trips. The Adventure Hat is lightweight, equipped with side mesh for air circulation, and is designed to float should it find its way into the water.
- Dorfman Pacific Fishing Cap with Removable Sun Shield. This fishing hat combines the popularity of a baseball cap with the protection of wide brimmed or floppy hats. It has an extra long bill and the neck sun shield is easily attached or removed with Velcro enclosures. The hat is adjustable and offered in a “one size fits most” sizing option.
- Dorfman Pacific Solarweave SPF 50+ Boonie Hat. Boonie hats similar to those worn by the military are popular options to civilian outdoorsmen. The Dorfman Pacific Boonie is made from Solarweave treated cotton with a CoolMax lining, offering sun protection, cooling moisture wicking, and quick drying convenience. Dorfman Pacific Solarweave Boonie Hats for fly fishing are easily adjustable and offered in neutral colors.
- Orvis Adventure Flats Hat. The Adventure Flats fly fishing hat from Orvis offers similar protection to the Dorfman Pacific fishing cap except the protective neck flap on the Orvis hat is not removable. The hat is available in medium and large sizes, with a medium Adventure Flats hat fitting most women.
- Orvis Trout Bum Mesh Hat. Baseball caps are popular options for many fishermen and outdoors enthusiasts. Unlike a traditional baseball cap, the Orvis Trout Bum Mesh Hat, designed for fishing, is well ventilated and fast drying when wet. This hat style only shields the eyes and face from the sun’s powerful rays since it does not have protective or neck attachments. The baseball cap is adjustable with a one size fits most design.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”