5 Best Foods For Beautiful Skin
Your skin is the largest organ of your body, and to keep it healthy you may want to add these 5 best foods for beautiful skin to your daily diet. Healthy skin begins with a healthy diet and plenty of water. Adding the 5 best foods for beautiful skin offers other health giving benefits for your body.
- Salmon. Salmon contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids making it an important addition to any diet because the body cannot manufacture its own. Fatty acids work to decrease clogged pores, soothes acne or eczema, reduces skin dryness, and keep the skin elastic. The high levels of selenium in Salmon can improve skin problems and improve skin healthy.
- Blueberries. Blueberries are considered a perfect food. Blueberries contain the highest levels of antioxidants and help the body manufacture collagen to fight off wrinkles and lines. Blueberries also fight the buildup of cholesterol in the body, promote healthy arteries, and have powerful anti aging properties.
- Carrots. Carrots, eaten raw or steamed, are a natural source of antioxidants including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and phytonutrients which give your skin a natural glow. Add 2 to 3 servings (1/2 cup) of carrots or other colorful vegetables and fruit like tomatoes or melon.
- Whole grain. Whole grain cereal and breads are rich with magnesium and B vitamins which promotes the regeneration of skin cells. Eat 5 serving (1/2 cup per serving) each day of whole grain foods.
- Healthy Fats. Healthy fats include olive oil, avocados, nuts, flaxseeds, and fish oil in capsule or found in fish. Healthy fats create healthy cell membranes and work to keep skin lubricated. Add 2 tablespoons of healthy fats to your daily diet.
- The most important element to add to your healthy skin diet is a minimum of 8 (8 ounce) glasses of water each day. Keeping your body hydrated is essential to keeping your skin healthy.
- Avoid too much sun, use sunscreen, and apply a pure lotion free of fragrances and additives after bathing.