5 Best Foods For Dry Skin
The 5 best foods for dry skin are an important part of skin care. The five best foods for dry skin can complement a regimen that may include topical cosmetics and dermatology. However, these foods can be used on its own merit if the commitment is part of planning and implementing a food regime.
- Unrefined flax seed oil As one of the five best foods for dry skin, unrefined flax seed oil contains essential fatty acids. Omega-3 alpha linolenic acid and omega-6 linoleic acid have gained popularity as part of a healthy fit diet for anyone. As one of the five best foods for dry skin, the essential fatty acids break down into prostaglandins and benefit the skin.
- Eggs Because sulfur can smooth the skin, it is recommended to add eggs to your diet. The eggs can be consumed, but can also be used for a topical home remedy as a mask.
- Water Because of its excellent hydrating qualities, water, which internally moisturizes the skin, is one of the five best foods for dry skin. Two quarts a day are recommended for optimum benefits.
- Carrots Any yellow or orange vegetable can contain beta-carotene, which is an anti-oxidant assisting in combating dry skin. However, carrots have the best source of beta-carotene and is list as one of the five best foods for dry skin.
- Cantaloupes Cantaloupes are naturally water-based and is an ideal food for dry skin. Fruit in general can be helpful, being water-based, but cantaloupes are rich in vitamins A and C. These vitamins promote elasticity for pliant and supple skin.