Wondering what the 5 Best Foods to Eat After Working Out are? Working hard makes you hungry, but of course, you have to worry about putting in what you just burned off. Here are the 5 best foods to eat after working out.
- Protein shakes: Protein is a good way to build muscle. Working out, especially lifting weights, can wear down muscle tissue. Protein helps maintain, repair, and rebuild muscle. If you cannot find a good protein shake, eat a protein bar.
- Carbohydrates: Good carbs are great for post-workouts. Rice and whole grains replenish your muscles. Turkey or tuna sandwiches are good choices of foods to eat after working out. Add whole grain spaghetti or wheat bread to your 5 best foods.
- Meat: The protein in meat is just as good as protein drinks when it comes to post-exercise foods. Do not go out and eat a Porterhouse steak or whole chicken, but eat grilled fish or grilled chicken. Beef stir-fry and tofu stir-fry with rice noodles make great foods to eat after working out. Be sure to eat small portions.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fresh fruit and vegetables are excellent. Apples, bananas, grapes, salad with eggs, or fruit salad make for good, healthy post-work out snacks. However, eating a salad big enough for nine people, loaded with high calorie ranch dressing is not good either. Eat in moderation.
- Fruit Smoothies: Mix your favorite fruits together in a blender with either yogurt or skim milk for a delicious way to replenish your body. Fruit has natural sugar. Granola is good for adding protein but it can be very fattening. Your body needs to burn off what is put in it quickly. Fruit smoothies are light and refreshing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.