If you want healthy, glowing skin, learn about the 5 best foods for healthy skin. These foods will increase your skin's health and protect your skin from the effects of aging and free radical damage. Learn which foods are the best for healthy skin here.
- Berries. Berries are full of antioxidants, which will protect your skin from free radical damage. Berries like strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants lock moisture into the skin and help maintain the structure of membranes in the skin. For the healthiest skin, choose fresh berries or frozen berries without syrup or additives.
- Whole wheat. Whole wheat is a great food that promotes healthy skin. Whole wheat contains selenium, which acts as an antioxidant for healthy skin. Selenium is a mineral found in whole wheat breads, cereals and pastas which promotes the health of skin cells. Selenium can prevent or reduce skin damage from sun exposure and pollution. Additionally, selenium won't cause your blood sugar to spike (like white flour does). Erratic blood sugar levels have been linked to acne outbreaks.
- Yogurt. This best food for healthy skin might be a surprise to you. Yogurt is rich in vitamin A, which is good for skin tone and has anti-aging properties. Yogurt also contains acidophilus, which is a live bacteria that promotes digestion. Having a healthy digestive tract is related to having healthy skin. For the best healthy skin results, choose a natural, low-fat yogurt.
- Flax seed oil. Flax seed oil contains essential fatty acids which can protect your skin from premature aging. Flax seed oil can be found as a nutritional supplement or you can buy flax seed bread or flax seed chips to get healthy skin. Flax seeds contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, both of which promote the cellular health of your skin.
- Tea. Tea, specifically green tea, is another food that promotes healthier skin. Green tea contains antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties, protecting your skin from damage due to sun exposure. Researchers believe that drinking green tea can even reduce your risk of skin cancer. Polyphenols, which are only found in plants and in tea leaves, act to reduce inflammation in your body and skin.
By Charley A. Prescott Women dig guys with healthy skin just like guys appreciate women with flawless complexions. Bu ...
It seems to go without saying, but the foods you eat, much like the gas you put in your Hummer, have a huge impact on yo ...
Walk into any supermarket or restaurant and you'll see there are a lot of "healthy" eating options out there, but how ma ...