5 Best Forward Hockey Drills
The 5 best forward hockey drills are focused on quick passing, shooting, stickhandling and scoring. Since it's the forwards' job to put the biscuit in the basket, and scoring is the focus, you're going to need quite a few pucks for the 5 best forward hockey drills. The best forward hockey drills also give your goalies a workout as well. Here are the 5 best forward hockey drills:
- Slot Shooting. This drill has a forward between the hashmarks of the faceoff circles and two others the the corners. The forwards in the corners alternate passes to the forward in the center, who one-times the passes toward the net. This entry on the 5 best forward hockey drills is also a good workout for your goaltender.
- Two-on-One. Players begin at the far blue line, one with the puck, passing back and forth as a defender backs in. The point of this forward hockey drill is to set up a pass for the best shot. The defender and goaltender also get work preventing the passing and shooting.
- Three-on-Two. Like the two-on-one drill, this entry on the 5 best forward hockey drills also involves defenders and the goaltender, but also has the whole forward line on the rush in from the far blue line. The passing and stickhandling must be quicker because there are more players involved.
- Forecheck and Hug the Boards. This entry on the list of best forward hockey drills has forwards practicing keeping the puck in the zone on the forecheck. A defender in the corner fires the puck up the boards as a forward skates in. The forward must hug the boards, knock the puck down, and try to get a shot toward the net.
- Breakaway. This forward hockey drill is simple. The forward is on a breakaway and attempting to score on the goaltender. This drill is a great end to practice as both the goalies and forwards tend to enjoy it, while sharpening their skills.