5 Best French Erotic Movies
If you want to see the best in sensuality, you cannot go wrong with the 5 best French erotic movies. These pioneering films have plenty of skin and excellent plots that will leave you wanting more. Turn down the lights and get ready for the sexiest scenes you'll ever see with the following selections from the best French erotic movies.
- "Belle de Jour" (1967). Directed by Luis Bunuel, this drama tells the tale of a beautiful young bride who cannot bring herself to sexually please her husband, so she uses other means to bring her hedonistic fantasies to life. Catherine Deneuve stars as the sultry Belle, whose immaculate curves tempt and tease in every scene. A subtle sexiness that the director made famous shines in this great French erotic movie.
- "Lunes de Fiel" (1992). Starring Hugh Grant and Emmanuelle Seigner, this Roman Polanski classic tells a sordid tale of love and how it can destroy everything it touches. Partner swapping and trysts spin a story of seduction and betrayal that features titillating scenes of bondage, sado-masochism and voyeurism.
- "La Lectrice" (1988). Directed by Michele Deville, this film is a comedy that borders on the bizarre. Miou-Miou stars as Constance, a women who finds a displaced camaraderie in Marie, the heroine of a book she is reading. The film juxtaposes scenes from the novel and the real world in a way that is both beautifully French and universally accessible, all while offering enough skin to keep the eyes further entertained. Its subtle use of sexuality makes La Lectrice one of the best French erotic movies to date.
- "Une Liaison Pornographique" (1999). Starring Nathalie Baye and Sergi Lopez as the eponymous Her and Him, respectively, this film shows two adults telling the tale of their sordid affair to an anonymous interviewer. Meeting through a newspaper ad for "a pornographic affair," the two tumble through a sordid tale of love and sex, wondering if the two are really mutually exclusive. Directed by Frederic Fonteyne, this drama shows a side of sex most don't know exists, making it one of the best French erotic movies in the past decade.
- "Les Baigneuses" (2003). Directed by Viviane Candas, this drama shows an edgy and introspective look at the girls working in a Parisian peep show. Jean-Pierre Kalfon and Ann-Gisel Glass star in this dark yet seductive look at Paris' seedy underworld. The characters are equal parts enigmatic and disgusting, and each scene is sure to make the skin crawl and the heat race. Plenty of skin and bad behaviors dominate in this film, making it a trip not for the faint of heart.
This selection of the best French erotic movies is sure to make even the most seasoned film enthusiast blush. Sinful behavior, lovers' trysts and more nude bodies than an artist's studio ensure that even without the fantastic direction and dynamic actors, these films are sure to not disappoint.