Zach Braff showed us he was more than just a sitcom actor when he gave us these 5 best 'Garden State' movie quotes. Braff wrote, directed, and starred in the film, which garnered a loyal fan base (and also has a really awesome soundtrack).
- “You gotta hear this one song. It'll change your life, I swear.” – Sam (played by Natalie Portman). This became one of the most famous “Garden State” quotes. Now everyone knows that music by The Shins will change your life.
- “I'm okay with being unimpressive. I sleep better.” – Mark (played by Peter Sarsgaard). This “Garden State” quote is spoken by the main character’s high school friend who works as a gravedigger and lives with his mom.
- “Oh…guys? Don't stay in here all day. I had to take the batteries out of the carbon monoxide detector. It was beeping all night.” – Carol (played by Jean Smart). Mark’s mother in “Garden State” is the mom who dates a guy you went to high school with and take a hit from your bong. This quote highlights her flighty personality.
- “Sidecars are for bitches.” – Sam. This quote from “Garden State” reveals an eternal truth. Sidecars really are for bitches.
- "You know that point in your life when you realize that the house you grew up in isn’t really your home anymore? All of the sudden even though you have some place to put your sh*t, that idea of home is gone.” – Andrew Largeman (Zach Braff). With the most serious of the 5 best “Garden State” quotes, Zach Braff verbalized a sentiment that many 20-somethings can relate to.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.