5 Best Gas Mileage Trucks 2010
The most important thing in choosing a truck is to look for one of the best gas mileage trucks. Trucks are notorious for being gas guzzlers, but it doesn't have to be that way. Many of the trucks on this list are not full-size pickups or hybrids, which helps them achieve higher gas mileage. Here are some of 2010's best fuel mileage trucks:
- Ford Ranger 2WD with a manual transmission is estimated at 22 city mpg and 27 highway mpg. This kind of mileage is comparable to many sedans but with the added advantage of the ability to pull a trailer and transport larger items. The Ford Ranger is a smaller truck, not a full-size pickup. Its smaller size makes it one of the trucks with the best gas mileage of 2010.
- Toyota Tacoma 2WD with an automatic transmission is estimated at 19 city mpg and 25 highway mpg. The Toyota Tacoma is also a smaller pickup. Toyota is well-known for designing cars with great gas mileage and their truck is well-developed to do the same.
- Chevy Silverado Hybrid 2WD and 4WD with an automatic transmission is estimated at 20 city mpg and 30 highway mpg. The Chevy Silverado is a full-size pickup. Chevrolet is often one of the best-selling truck manufacturers and making their trucks more economical has only helped cement their popularity. This hybrid is one of the trucks with the best gas mileage of 2010.
- GMC Sierra Hybrid 2WD and 4WD with an automatic transmission is estimated at 20 city mpg and 30 highway mpg. This is also a full-size pickup truck. The Sierra is achieving similar fuel mileage as a compact car, especially impressive because of it's size. Hybrid vehicles and trucks are a great way to go if fuel economy is of concern to you.
- Dodge Dakota 2WD with an automatic transmission is estimated at 15 city mpg and 20 highway mpg. The Dodge Dakota is a smaller pickup as well. The Dodge Dakota was redesigned for 2010 and with its stylish looks, luxury interior and great gas mileage, it easily makes the list.