The 5 best German wrist watches are watches that you can use for almost any situation and for almost any purpose. German wrist watches are a very diverse bunch, so you should have no trouble at all figuring which particular one you want to attach to your wrist. Whether you want a wrist watch for show, great time keeping, or sport, German wrist watches have you covered.
- Nomos Club 36 mm Manual Black Dial. From the fine German watch company Nomos comes this great German wrist watch, a watch that features a crystal, see-through back portion where you can observe the hypnotic motion of its parts. That alone is enough to place it at number one, but you should also be wary of its high price tag.
- Sinn 103 St DIAPAL on Strap. From Sinn, which is the world's most popular producer of German wrist watches, comes this model that features a Dry Hold technology, enough to grant it the number two position. Dry Hold technology is all about filling their watch case with certain gases to keep humidity and moisture out, which is what you want if you want an always-working watch.
- Dornblueth & Sohn Calibre 99.0 Black Dial. This German wrist watch comes in what's known as the traditional Glashutte style and features hand-engraved markings, such a rarity that that alone catapults it to the number three position. Buy this watch to enjoy its white Arabic numerals along with its matte black dial.
- Sothis Spirit of Moon Silver Dial. Another popular maker of German wrist watches is the Sothis brand. This kind of Sothis watch is very rare, with only 500 being made in the whole world, and this rarity is what makes it achieve the four spot. Sothis is also priced more affordably than all the above wrist watches on this list, a sure reason to see about owning one.
- Otium Sphaera. The Otium brand of German wrist watches is a new one, having only been founded in 1999. This particular Otium model is, like all in the Otium family, unorthodox because it relies on the usage of ball bearings to tell time. To tell the time, you have to actually read special slits in which ball bearings sit!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.