What are the five best gin based cocktails? Made from a distilled grain base, such as wheat or rye, and flavored with juniper berries and botanicals, this clear spirit packs quite a punch. While not many people drink straight gin, it doesn't take much to mix a great gin drink. Find out the best ways to enjoy this liquor with the five best gin based cocktails.
- The classic Gin Martini. Simplicity, refinement, and personal taste make this gin based cocktail. A basic recipe includes two ounces of gin, a splash of dry vermouth, and ice. Serve up or on the rocks, with an olive or a twist.
- A Tom Collins is a traditional gin based drink. Gin, soda water, lemon juice, and sugar, shaken and strained. Garnish with a cherry.
- Twist things up with the Bronx. Shaken, strained, and served straight up with a cherry and a fresh orange slice this is a spin on a perfect martini. Despite its name it was first made in Philadelphia. Use two ounces of gin, a heavy splash of sweet red vermouth and orange juice, and a splash of dry vermouth.
- Strong and refreshing, the Gin Gimlet. A list of the five best gin based cocktails couldn't be complete without the gimlet. Its nothing but two parts gin and one part lime. It can be made with Rose's lime juice, which is very sweet, or a combination of Rose's lime juice, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup. It can be served straight or on the rocks. Garnish with a lime of course.
- The Singapore Gin Sling. This gin based cocktail was created by a bartender working at a Singapore hotel. The recipe is about one century old and it has had it's fair share of renovations. Basically this drink consists of four parts gin, two parts cherry brandy, one part fresh pineapple juice, a dash of bitters, and a splash of soda water. Shake and serve over ice, garnish with a fresh pineapple or lemon slice and a cherry. The cool thing about this drink is the foam from the fresh pineapple juice and a good shake. Soda water also adds a few bubbles.
Now that you know about some of the best gin based cocktails you can order something other than a gin and tonic, or not.