The 5 best goodbye songs from 2008 reach people in an emotional way. Whether you are looking for a song about saying goodbye to a relationship, or goodbye to someone that has a negative effect in your life, these 2008 songs are the best. Sometimes it is hard to say goodbye to a life taken too early, or to good memories of a relationship gone bad, but these lyrics can ease the pain. The five best goodbye songs from 2008 are from extremely different, yet notable musicians that created relatable lyrics for people dealing with having to say goodbye.
- "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" by Beyoncé. One of the five best goodbye songs of 2008 is the upbeat dance track off Beyonce's "I Am… Sasha Fierce" album. In this popular 2008 song, Beyonce urges ladies to say goodbye to their boyfriends if they don't propose. This 2008 song about saying goodbye to a boyfriend who won't commit reached #1 on Billboard Hot 200 chart and won three Grammys: Song of the Year, Best Female R&B Vocal Performance and Best R&B Song. This is one of the five best goodbye songs of 2008 because of what a mainstream hit this women's anthem became.
- "Bye Bye" by Mariah Carey. One of the five best goodbye songs from 2008 is loosely based around Mariah Carey's loss of her own father, Alfred Roy, who died of cancer in 2002. Released off her 2008 album "E=MC3," Carey says the goodbye song comes from such a raw place that she was crying while writing it. Saying goodbye to a loved one that has passed away is hard, and Carey expresses in her song that it helps to think about the good in them. This is one of the five best goodbye songs of 2008 because many people can relate not wanting to say bye to a loved one after they've passed away.
- "Not As We" by Alanis Morissette. This is one of the five best goodbye songs from 2008 because of the heartfelt and passionate piano ballad during the song. The piano ballad is great to help you just feel the emotion the lyrics about goodbye bring on. The 2008 song is about the difficulties of saying goodbye to a relationship and starting over on your own. The song is about how when saying goodbye to someone you once loved, or still love, there's a point of hitting rock bottom before rebuilding your life.
- "The Girl You Lost to Cocaine" by Sia. This song about goodbye was released in 2008 from the album "Some People Have Real Problems." It is a story about how the narrator finally says goodbye to a needy friend who has a drug problem. The narrator was being used by her friend with a drug problem as a crutch, and she finally had to say goodbye. One of the five best goodbye songs of 2008 because even if you want to help someone, sometimes you just have to let them go to make your life better.
- "Sometime Around Midnight" by The Airborne Toxic Event. This goodbye song from 2008 is a straightforward recount of a night that singer Mikel Jollett experienced. Released in 2008, this song depicts a night when Jollett runs into an ex-girlfriend and their goodbye at the bar leaves him in misery. This is one of the five best goodbye songs from 2008, because it depicts something unique that songs often don't, which is having to say goodbye to memories after you thought they've been discarded. Running into an ex sometimes makes you go through the goodbye process all over again, which this 2008 song is about.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
How I Turned Myself Into a Spartan (And Why Every Man Should...
This workout (and philosophy) recast me from browbeaten shrub to rock-hard warrior.