For people trying to find the best government jobs in Canada, the Canadian public sector offers a diverse range of jobs from which to choose. There are opportunities for rewarding jobs in rural, regional and the federal level. According to statistics, the Canadian government has over 250,000 employees, more than 1,600 domestic and 150 international operations, which makes it operationally larger than any other Canadian organization. The Canadian government’s attractiveness as an employer is enhanced by their compensation packages, which offer benefits such as flexible work arrangements, job security, safe environments, medical, dental and pension plans and fair salaries.
- The best government job in Canada for fresh graduates in accounting, business-related fields and those who want to pursue a career in financial management and internal auditing is the Financial Officer and Internal Recruitment and Development Program (FORD/IARD). Join as a full-time entry-level internal auditor or financial officer and receive a promising salary and fringe benefits. Additionally, this program offers the opportunity to receive formal training, on-the-job training and guidance toward professional designations such as CIA or the CMA. The FORD/IARD qualifications also open doors to a whole world of other opportunities such as systems development and compliance.
- If you have the IT bug and expertise in the field, the best government job in Canada for you is a position with Canada's IT Professionals team. They work for the citizens of Canada developing advanced technologies and systems in different areas of IT. As part of this team, you can expect competitive salaries, job security and government sponsored benefits such as health and retirement plans and flexible work arrangements. Why else is this the best government job in Canada? Primarily because it also promises career development and career advancement opportunities. Geographical mobility, thanks to the vast network of IT resources spread across Canada and internationally, is the icing on the cake.
- No matter what your academic background is or what your field of interest, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) can find a job for you! It offers the best government jobs in Canada in terms of diversity and challenges from jobs ranging in human resource management, telecommunications, translation, consulting, accounting and finance, construction and architecture to energy plant operators. You name it, they have it! They are sure to find your niche and enable you to do what you are best at or even discover your talents through the job rotation opportunities that they offer.
- If you’re looking for a job that provides a public service and contributes to the well-being and safety of the Canadian community, a job with the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) might be the best government job in Canada for you. It is known as “a key player in the protection of public safety.” In addition to offering jobs to correction and parole officers who are required for monitoring and rehabilitation of offenders, CSC also employs financial officers, HR managers, nurses and psychologists in other areas such as administration offices and medical assistance to facilitate their core work.
- For those of you who are sea lovers and are looking for an adventurous career at "the longest coastline in the world," The Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) is the best government job in Canada for you. The challenge begins with training at the Canadian Coast Guard College, which possesses state-of-the-art equipment and one of the best programs in the world. CCG programs include navigation and marine engineering modules and all skills acquired are transferrable across different coast guard operations. This job offers you the chance to do you what you love and be a hero!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.