5 Best Government Jobs In Michigan
This article describes five of the best government jobs in Michigan. Michigan is a beautiful state with ample natural resources to entertain you when you're not working. Why not apply for one of these government jobs, so you can enjoy all the state has to offer. The winters in Michigan can get cold, so make sure you're prepared for the weather.
- Boiler Inspector. If you enjoy working with your hands and going to different locations every day, this is a great government job for you in Michigan. Boiler inspectors can expect to start out making about eighteen dollars per hour and earn more with more seniority.
- Clinical Social Worker. People who enjoy helping others can apply to these positions which provide mental health services to inmates throughout the state of Michigan. You need to have a bit of a tough edge to work with the various personalities you will encounter, and you can earn at least nineteen dollars an hour when you start.
- Dentist. If you are already trained as a dentist, but you don't want a traditional practice, you can work for the government in Michigan as a dentist at various correctional facilities throughout the state.
- Secretary. For those who crave big cities, Detroit hires secretaries to work with the Division Director in the Civil Rights Department. This job has as much potential for growth as you are willing to devote to it.
- Storekeeper. This position based in Lansing, Michigan is one of the best government jobs for people who enjoy meeting other people. A storekeeper works with Civil Service employees to process mail efficiently.
Now that you know about the best government jobs in Michigan get your resume together and apply soon. Remember that government timelines for hiring sometimes move more slowly than the private sector, so plan in advance. Apply to these jobs at least six months before you want to start working.